Sales Receipt Form Sales Receipt ●●► Bill your customer (client) and receive payment at the same time If you track sales tax, set it up on the Sales Tax page (form homepage screen > select blue navigation bar on the left > select sales tax) before you create an invoice. How to make a Sales Receipt in new QuickBooks Online?
- Choose a Customer from the list or fill out a new Customer Information Form (see below for screenshot photo)
- Enter Customer email (optional)
- Select Terms from the list or add new one
- If you need the following custom fields added, you will need to change Sale Form Content settings. See below for instructions – Ship Via, Shipping Date and Tracking Number ( all three part of shipping selection) – Custom1, Custom2, and Custom3
- Select Payment Method
- Enter Customer Reference Number (optional)
- Select Deposit to: Undeposited Funds (why undeposited funds? what’s next? see below for next step to bank deposit. Also match bank downloaded transactions if imported from bank account
- Enter Product/Service (see below for instructions)
- Enter Quantity for Inventory. Leave this field blank for service
- Check “Rate” for Invoicing. If different change it here.
- Amount will automatically compute.
- Select Tax field if Taxable
- Enter Shipping if applicable
- Optional available Customer Invoice fields: Class Tracking, Location Tracking and Service Date. Also assign Customer Invoice Number, Discount ($ or %0 after Subtotal). They will all need to be enabled from going to Company Settings under Settings under Settings. Select Company or Sales settings.
- Select Save and Send or Save and New or Save or Close
- Done. It should show up on Customers Center now.[…]
Keep Reading: Create Sales Receipt in QBO