Rich Preece | Scaling New Heights 2017 Orlando
Rich Preece Intuit Global Accountant Segment Leader
The ProAdvisor Program hit its 20th anniversary this year.
- In 2014, there were 100,000 ProAdvisors.
- There are now currently 200,000 Pro Advisors as of last month.
- 31,000 Certified ProAdvisors.
- 1,000 ProAdvisors attended SNH17
There are currently 2.2 million QBO subscribers.
QuickBooks Self-Employed is Intuit’s fastest growing offering.
Global Business makeup:
- 5 million mid-size businesses
- 50 million small businesses
- 750 million self-employed businesses
US Business makeup:
- 200,000 mid-size businesses
- 28.8 million small businesses
- 15 million self-employed businesses
Half of all businesses worldwide use a QuickBooks product. 89% of small businesses are more successful when they work with an accountant. Demographics will be shifting over the next few years to more younger and self-employed businesses. Some of the latest product innovations from Intuit can be found in the following section.
Find a ProAdvisors / Find an Accountant website:
- Last year, over 1 million small businesses browsed this platform
- Intuit connected 14% of businesses that used this platform with a ProAdvisor
- The typical match rate for this type of relationship is 30% and as such Intuit will be striving to increase this.
- Some of the improvements to the platform recently have been that it now tracks leads and views.
- In QBOA, Intuit has developed a new tool to allow managing of tasks that need to be completed for clients. This can be used for clients whether they use QBO, QB Desktop, or a 3rd part software.
- Much of the benefit does come if the client is in QBO.
Development in these areas will take on the following forms:
- Continued focus on Find a ProAdvisor site
- Practice Management to include insights and recurring tasks
- Deeper tax integration
- A reimagined ProAdvisor program
The Demographic Shift
- By 2020, 43% of small businesses will be self-employed
- This demographic is primarily looking for assistance with: Taxes and Separation of personal/business
- This client base is looking for accountants just as much as the normal QuickBooks client base.