At QuickBooks, accountants and bookkeepers are its most valued partners. It is committed to working with them to help small businesses thrive. Now, to recognize accountants who help their small business clients use QuickBooks Online, Intuit is launching the new QuickBooks ProAdvisor Preferred Pricing Revenue Share program.
Thanking accountants for its shared success, the new program recognizes the work accountants do to recommend, set-up and onboard new clients into QuickBooks. Accountants will receive 30% of the billed price their client pays each month on new QuickBooks Online or Payroll subscriptions.
Thanking You for Shared Success
QuickBooks appreciates the accounting community for being advocates for our products, and now we want to give back. It aims to power prosperity and not only provide useful tools, but help accountants grow their practices and scale their impact. This inspired the new revenue share program, which offers the following key benefits:
- Client Discount — Not only will you receive a portion of the revenue, but your client benefits, too. They will receive their first month free, plus a 50% discount for three months after that.
- Revenue Growth — For 12 months, you will receive 30% of the billed price on base fees and 15% of QuickBooks Online Payroll employee fees.
- Time Savings — You can spend less time managing subscriptions, because your client will be charged directly—so you can focus your energy elsewhere.
How it Works
Currently rolling out in Beta, here is an overview of how the new QuickBooks ProAdvisor Preferred Pricing Revenue Share program works. Of note, clients are not notified of a firm’s participation in the revenue-share program.
- Enrolling — Once available, you will be able to enroll in the revenue sharing program through your dashboard by selecting the gear icon. It must be completed by your firm’s primary admin or firm owner, and will require your firm’s tax ID to begin.
- Adding a Client — Once enrolled, adding a client is easy. From QuickBooks Online Accountant, select “Add Client,” then “Revenue Share” under the “Bill my client” option. From there, select the correct product—i.e., QuickBooks Online and/or Payroll—add your client’s information and save. This will start a 30-day free trial for the client, and Intuit will email instructions on how to access the new accountant. Before the end of the trial, a client will need to provide payment information to activate the subscription and receive the 50% off discount for the first three months.
- Calculating Revenue Share — After enrolling in revenue share, you will receive a monthly payout for all eligible client subscriptions. It will take one to two months to begin receiving payouts after a subscription is started. That’s because your client begins with a 30-day free trial, and the payout is calculated only after your client starts a paid subscription.
See below for example cases for how your revenue share could be calculated:
The revenue share program currently is in a limited beta. The goal is to make the program broadly available in the coming months. If you are interested in participating during this beta phase, please complete this form.
To learn more about the revenue sharing program, please visit this web page.
This post originally appeared on