As we grow ever closer to the start of Insightful Accountant‘s “2023 Top 100/ProAdvisor of the Year” process, many of the 600,000 ProAdvisors around the world already have decided as to their participation, while countless others have not.
The largest among the group of undecided will be International ProAdvisors across the globe.
“I want to assure ProAdvisors, the world over, that you are all ‘welcome with open arms’ and we look forward to your participation.” — Murph
This year, when it comes time to complete our new 2023 application tool (form), we think you’ll not only find the format—but the information—more conducive than ever at measuring your international stature as a ProAdvisor. This includes training and certifications applicable based upon your country (or region) of participation.
It is with this in mind that I decided to focus this second part of my series on certifications related to “Getting Ready for Top 100 (2023)” on some of the certifications and certification principles applicable to our International ProAdvisor friends who will hopefully choose to participate.
As I mentioned in Part 1, international participants, regardless of where they practice, must hold Intuit QuickBooks ProAdvisor status “or the equivalent” for their country (of practice), or for a country within their Intuit Global Region (where their practice is located) or hold a formal ProAdvisor Certification from any other country where Intuit issues formal QuickBooks ProAdvisor certification.
Insightful Accountant recognizes that Intuit does not offer formal ProAdvisor Certification within every country, even if it makes QuickBooks Online Accountant ProAdvisor available to the accounting and bookkeeping community within those countries.
This is why we have established a “country equivalency” policy, which is based upon the offerings that Intuit makes available to accountants, bookkeepers and business advisors within each country and/or Intuit Region.
And while international applicants are routinely scored according to the country of their practice for purposes of certification (and related training) based upon the certificate criteria established for those Intuit countries/regions, we also recognize the value of duplicate country (regional) certifications—when duly earned. This is especially true in cases where applicants demonstrate the practice of business across borders.
In those cases, applicants are scored in both (or all) countries of certification, and receive the highest of all such scores for the applicable categories to which they attain rankings.
In order to illustrate the types of “country/regional/global” equivalency related training available for accountants, bookkeepers and business advisors participating in the QuickBooks Online Accountant ProAdvisor program where formal “QuickBooks ProAdvisor Certification” is not currently available, the following list is intended to provide our International participants with a better understanding of the certifications Insightful Accountant will score during the upcoming (2023) year when an applicant has received, or currently holds a Certificate of Completion in*:
- QuickBooks Online International Certification Training for Accountants
- QuickBooks Online Certification Exam Prep Training Part 1
- QuickBooks Online Certification Exam Prep Training Part 2
- QuickBooks Online for Accountants & Bookkeepers
- I’m QuickBooks Online Certified, What’s Next
- QuickBooks Tools & Features to Increase Efficiency
- QuickBooks Online Ecosystem & Apps Part 1
- QuickBooks Online Ecosystem & Apps Part 2
- Workflows in QuickBooks Online Accountant
- What’s New in QuickBooks Online Accountant
Within International Intuit countries/regions where available, the following are examples of QuickBooks ProAdvisor (and related) certifications that will be scored by Insightful Accountant during the upcoming (2023) year when an applicant has received, or currently holds a Certificate of Completion in*:
- QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor (Core) Certification
- QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor (Advanced) Certification
- Introduction to QuickBooks Online for Accountants
- QuickBooks Online Advanced Fundamentals
- Setting-up Clients in QuickBooks Payroll
- QuickBooks Payroll Liabilities, Reports and Forms
- QuickBooks Time Fundamentals
- QuickBooks Payroll (KeyPay)
- QuickBooks Tax (LodgeiT)
Additional credits will be given when an international participant has received or currently holds a Certificate of Completion in any of the following*:
- Reshape Your Practice with QuickBooks Online Accountant
- Moving Clients to the Cloud with QuickBooks Online
- The True Path to Trusted Advisor
- Talking to Your Clients about QuickBooks Online
- Evolving Your Firm into a Market Leader
- Marketing Your Firm
- Virtual Selling Effectively Closing Deals Remotely
- QuickBooks Online Specialty: Sales Module
- QuickBooks Online Specialty: Apps & Billing Module
- QuickBooks Online Specialty: Advanced Reporting Module
- QuickBooks Online Specialty: Inventory Module
Insightful Accountant would like to once again encourage International ProAdvisors to join in the 2023 Top 100/ProAdvisor of the Year process. Please look for the formal announcement regarding the opening of this year’s process to be published very soon.
*- certifications are not limited exclusively to those listed. Insightful Accountant actively monitors available offerings during the nomination and application process to determine certificate equivalency relative to candidate eligibility and will always coordinate with Intuit officials and the QuickBooks ProAdvisor Program should questions arise regarding the same.
Like what you’re reading?
Subscribe to our FREE newsletter and we’ll deliver content like this directly to your inbox.
This post originally appeared on