You manage banking rules directly from the Rules page. You can:
- Edit a rule
- Copy a rule
- Delete a rule
- Modify how rows appear on the page
Edit banking rules
- In the navigation bar, click Transactions > Banking (or Banking > Bank Feeds depending on what you see).
- Click Update and select Manage rules from the list.
- Click Edit at the end of the row of the rule you want to change.
- In the form that appears, make the changes you want and click Save.
Copy banking rules
- From the Rules page, click Edit at the end of the row of the rule you want to change and select Copy from the list.In the form that appears, QuickBooks automatically adds “Copy of” to the existing rule name.
- Make the changes you want and click Save.
Delete banking rules
From the Rules page, click Edit at the end of the row of the rule you want to delete and select Delete from the list.
Modify the appearance of rows
- From the Rules page, click the small gear icon just above the table on the right.
- Select how many rows of rules you want to appear on the page: 50, 150, or 300.
- Click Compact if you want to shorten the row height so more rules appear onscreen.
- Click outside the selection box to return to the page.